Tuna Balls for My Daughter's Birthday

Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating;
there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.
~John Ruskin.

We were at the last week of May...
Sun and rain became our daily friends. I felt so blessed that we still could enjoy our daily routine, managing our time to do our 'busy' activities and staying active. Meeting family and friends, enjoying the delicious tropical fruits and vegetables everyday, exercising regularly under the beautiful morning sunshine, ...ahhh I'm so grateful for His bless.

On the first week of May, we celebrated our daughter 11th birthday. Yeah, she has turned to a teenager girl, and for me, now she is more like a friend than a daughter. We're so happy that she's growing healthy, and enjoying lots of sport activities. She is a very good swimmer (she can do all the 4 swimming styles perfectly!), she is a fast runner, a badminton player and now, she is planning to learn taekwondo. Don't be surprised if you meet her, for the last a couple of months she grows tall faster than before and now she is (only) less than 10 cm shorter than me.

Patricia's 11th Birthday

A couple of days ago, I had a chit-chat with her and I realised how happy she is with her school, her study, and I want to make sure she understands that we always support her study especially for her preparation for Ujian Nasional (National Exam) next year. It'll need hard working, since her 'Bahasa Indonesia' ability still needs to be improved.

My daughter is the one who makes me pushing myself to be a creative homecook. She always brings homemade food for her lunch since she started school. I learn a lot about her appetite, her favorite food, and also healthy food for all of us. I make sure her lunch that I prepare since morning will be delicious, healthy and good looking while she eats it.

Not like other kids, she claims herself as a 'not related with cake' person. But she likes brownies, muffins, and pudding. Strange huh? Many times she refuses a plate of cake during a birthday party. So I know, she does not really enjoy to eat the 'sweet' birthday cake.
While we planned to make a birthday cake for her, I was thinking to make something that she really likes & it'll be good to put some candles on it. Then finally we found an idea to make her favorite 'tuna balls'. She likes this food since she was much smaller.

I remember when we brought this kind of 'birthday cake' to my parents house, where we celebrated her birthday, my father asked me,"So where is the birthday cake ?" while at the same time we were busy lighting the candles :D.

So this was her 'birthday tuna balls'. I was so happy that this time, she was the one who ate the most the balls, and she just spared one ball for my eldest sister who came late.

Grow and shine, Pat ! We hope you face every new day of opportunity and joy with enthusiasm.

Tuna Balls

Tuna Balls
I posted this recipe (in Bahasa Indonesia) a couple years ago, check this posting.
Ingredients:
400 grams canned tuna
100 gr onions
75 g margarine (for sauteing)
100 gr flour
300 ml of milk
1 teaspoon salt
1 / 2 teaspoon pepper
1 tsp sugar
150 gr bread crumbs
2-3 eggs (lightly beaten)
cooking oil (for frying)

Direction :
1. Drain the canned tuna, then put the fish in a bowl, set aside. Chop the onion.
2. Heat the butter, saute onion until fragrant. Add the flour, stirring quickly. Pour milk slowly while stiring the dough.
3. Add the fish, salt, pepper and sugar. Stir, set a side, wait until cool.
4. Shape dough like a small balls, diameter 2 1/2 cm, roll into bread crumbs, dip in beaten eggs. Roll back into the bread crumbs.
5. Heat oil in a skillet distinguished lot, use medium heat. Fried the tuna balls until brown, remove and drain.

relax

Comments

monab said…
looks so yummy...and a pretty daughter you have..I'm sure she'll grow and shine like her mom:)