[Click] The Jumping Shallot

The first picture below is my entry for Click August 2009.
The Click theme for this month is 'Allium'.

Jumping Shallot

I took this picture yesterday afternoon, while playing with my 'camera speed', shallots, water and my children. My daughter helped me to drop the shallots into the jar.
Unfortunatelly we started playing a bit late, no more bright light from Mr. Sun. As far as I could, I just used max speed 1/400s. Hopefully next time, we can play when the light is still enough therefore I can use 1/1000s speed to freeze the water splash and the flying objects.
At the end, my kids really enjoyed the beautiful late afternoon playing 'cooking'. They pretended to prepare 'Onion Juice'. I couldn't imagine how the taste is.
For me... ahaaa, I need to put the 'polarized filter' on my Christmas gift wish list :)) ...hmm 58 mm please.

one fine afternoon

Splash yah, kog berantem :( misfocus
Oh no... ! IMG_5995a

Just in case you're curious, why my son wore his helmet. It's not because he worried his sister will throw the shallots to his head... He just got back home after riding his bike around our housing complex.

Comments

Dwiana P said…
Van, hello again here.
sorry I haven't been able to browse around here and there lately. Or stopping by at your blog.
But anyway glad to see your kids look so happy. and as usual very nice picture:)
Tuty said…
Van,
It looks like you and your beautiful kids had a great time setting up for the pictures.

The photos are great. I love the playfulness of water and shallots. The water beads are pretty too...

Keep up the good work
kriwul said…
kak vania... you children are soooo cute... patricia is really gonna be a georgeous girl while she grown up
Parita said…
Fantastic picture for the CLICK!
Mangala Bhat said…
wow! first time here from jugalabandi ..fantastic click ..! great work ..u will win
Nisa-mom said…
congrats, Vania... suka ide nya.. layak jadi juara deh.. :)
Eléonora said…
A wonderful idea and I cracked happiness to this wonderful result.
ms said…
beautiful pic!
Sofie said…
mbaaa....
fotonya keren bangettt... :D
congratz yaa udah jadi juara ;)
Ambika said…
That is an incredible picture!! Congratulations!!!!!!
Fenny said…
horrrrreee.. menang 2 kategori!!!
congrats yaa!!! :D
Anonymous said…
nice pic ;)
David Shearn said…
I love your blog. This blog contains good ideas and wants to thanks you for your writing on this important topic. I really appreciate people like you Thanks for more information.

Regards:
basketweave